If you learned anything about basic economics, you will understand the concept of "supply and demand." When something is in short supply, the price of the item increases. This can be true for people as well as goods, but how does it work when it comes to pilot salaries when there is a shortage of eligible pilots? Today I am joined by Tom Wachowski of the Private Jet Podcast to discuss this issue, as well as some great listener email about advanced training, converting your licenses from Canadian to the United States, and the best way to clean up a logbook before an interview.
Photo Credit: Pilot Mandi on Instagram
In this episode we discuss:
Carl discusses a more nuanced approach to salaries and understanding why there is not a direct correlation with the pilot shortage.
For an explanation of the pilot shortage visit:
- Aviation success story SIC on a jet
- Best way to clean up a logbook prior to an interview
- Completed All ATP, flying KingAir 200
- Canadian Accountant considering switch to aviation
- Better choices than ATP school?