Today I want to talk about a sometimes uncomfortable topic, which is disability insurance. It has happened to me and I’m sure it has happened to some of you listening to the podcast. You get the dreaded letter from the FAA or you go to your medical exam thinking everything is ok but the FAA thinks otherwise.
I have seen this play out many times in Pilots careers. One day you are fine thinking about their next vacation bid and the next day you are facing medical disability for months even years. Sometimes due to a minor issue with your medical. In this episode, Andy Garrison, a certified financial planner, joins me to discuss what you need to know about disability insurance.
Our Career Coaching is available for $75/hour, and the first hour includes some extra time to get to know you before starting the hour. Membership is alsoavailable for $10/month and includes the full Scholarships Guide, lots of exclusive videos and other learning aids.
Andy And I Discuss:
- Why Pilot Careers Have Special Insurance Needs.
- Risks Unique To Our Careers
- Short Term and Long Term Insurance Required and Defined.
- Do You Really Know What Your Insurance Covers.
- Difference Between own or any occupation.
- What Disability Insurance do You need.
- Cash on hand.
- Just Ask someone if you have any questions.