In this episode I am joined by Lenny Primak to Help answer a listener mail and to discuss setbacks in your life and career. Lenny has some inspirational statements to help you through challenges in your caeer.
Just a clarification on how the Aerospace Scholarships guide is updated: A new edition of the book comes out once per year. Periodically during the year we do add some additions or make changes based on changes that organizations make to their scholarships. However the best way to get the latest information is to become a member of the site. The online directory has the latest information and the latest scholarships that we have found, and it is only $10 per month! Membership also includes access to several videos and other information only for members.
Listener Questions and Feedback:
A listener email about Lenny Primak, and finding out more about his journey. Since you asked, Carl has Lenny back again to discuss his story!
Lenny and Carl Discuss:
- How to get started in an Aviation career and how Lenny did it.
- Lenny recommends either going to an accelerated program, or finding an instructor who can devote 3 weeks to you solidly.
- Lenny spent 10 years in the right seat, dealing with airline problems that prevented him from advancing.
- Excessive preparation is key before every step in your career.
- Carl and Lenny discussed quality of life and the pros and cons of becoming a Captain vs. staying First Officer at a senior level.
- Know your goal, convert it into a todo list, and then don't give up or get overwhelmed!